Why? because you want to be ready to tackle the fire when it's a mere flame, so that it doesn't do more damage than needed. You also want to be able to recover as fast as possible.
Similarly, you want a backup plan for your business and for each project.
This could involve:
- Backup plans and restore plans
- Off-site copies of important data
- Distributing your data centers
- Knowing your people's skill sets to be able to replace them and/or switch between them
An overlooked part of the plan is data collection.
In future posts we will elaborate on:
- Which data to collect
- When to collect data
- How long to store the data
- Know how accurate your data is
- Tracking changes
Once you understand the power of your data, you will realize that even when things are going right, you can probably improve them if you analyze the data.